My refusal to turn on the air-conditioner at home means that I haven't been sleeping well in the last couple of days. As soon as the temperature warms up, I wake up. The downside is obviously not getting enough quality zzz's for me. However, the upside is that I would take advantage of the extra time on my hand with some quick and easy baking. When I looked in my fridge this morning, that green carton of buttermilk stared right back at my sleepy eyes. I was left with no choice but to make buttermilk muffins.
- 454g all-purpose flour
- 4 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 250g sugar
- 10 tbsp melted butter, room temperature
- 250mL buttermilk, room temperature
- 250mL heavy cream, room temperature
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 1 large egg yolk, room temperature
- 2 1/2 cup of toasted pistachio, shredded dried coconut, chopped dried papaya, chopped dried pineapple, chopped crystalized ginger combined
- Preheat oven to 350F. Line two dozen muffin tins with paper liner.
- In a large mixing bowl, stir together flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, sugar, cinnamon, and ground ginger.
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together melted butter, buttermilk, heavy cream, eggs, and egg yolk until homogenous.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the flour mixture and stir together with as few strokes as possible until just combined. Gently fold in nuts and fruits.
- Using an ice-cream scoop, divide the batter to the muffin tins. Bake for approximately 40 minutes until golden.