Socks have always been one of my fashion indulgences for as long as I can remember. If you've known me long enough, you've probably seen me with knee-high argyle socks at some point. In fact, my collection of knee-high argyle socks was acquired all around the globe. Well, I've been branching out to other legwear recently and here's a look at what I like (or dislike) about them:
- fishnet stocking: great choice for summer when I don't want to go bare legs. Classic black or beige are my top choices.
- fishnet thigh-highs: even more comfortable than stocking. Goes well with knee-length full skirts. May not always be appropriate though especially for pencil skirts with a high slit.
- thigh-highs: very good for summer except that it snags so easily. $15 for a one-time use is a little pricey.
- pattern tights: my latest favourite now that it is officially autumn. For the less adventurous, start with an opaque dark pair with subtle knit patterns. Otherwise, anything goes. To avoid adding unnecessary heft to the legs, choose a vertical pattern. If the pattern is busy, keep the rest of the outfit low key.
- colour tights overlay with fishnet: I've been dying to give this a try this season. Choose a pair of black loose-knit fishnet and wear it over funky opaque colour tights.
You may not agree with my taste in legwear but what the heck, I feel compelled to not dress my own age before I hit the big three-zero. Then I'll consider more age-appropriate attires.