Date of Visit: March26, 2005 (Saturday)
Reservation for 7 at 13:00
Main course, dessert, and non-alcoholic drink: $30
Mocktail: pomergranate and pear juice
- nice flavour combination that I would try at home
- pretty colour!
Main Course: roasted chicken thigh with savory waffle
- I was intrigued by the promise of savory waffle on the menu description. The waffle was fluffy and full of butter flavour with a mild sweetness. I liked it a lot.
- The blueberry chutney tasted good with the chicken. A much more interesting condiment than say cranberry sauce!
- Chicken was not particularly juicy or dry. Not very memorable.
Dessert: Lindt chocolate ice-cream profiterole with dark chocolate sauce
- Choux pastry was a little on the dry and tough side
- Chocolate ice-cream does not have enough chocolate flavour
- At $9, I felt this was over-priced especially since the only garnish was a lone sprig of mint
I was not paying attention to the service because I was too busy catching up with my friends. Nothing bad or good stood out in my memory so it can't be a bad thing, no?
I would come back again because of the beautifully dramatic decor and relaxed atmosphere. I think Mildred Pierce is a very good choice of a day-time get together. However, the food at this particular meal did not wow me.